The Scooter Cannonball Run is a coast to coast endurance event for scooters. It is a time/distance/regularity rally where points are awarded based on miles completed and the ability to maintain the standard pace. This year it will begin in Savannah, GA and end eight days later in San Diego, CA covering 2633 miles. There are over 50 entrants riding all types of scooters. From a 1946 Salibury to a modern 3 wheel Piaggo MP3. I have decided join the fun this year. We will leave Savannah on April 22 and head west. I will be riding to raise money for KIDS and LEMUR'S charities. Please help us by purchasing some miles for one of these charities. Don't worry, I will be covering close to 6,000 miles out to California and back to Florida, so there are plenty of miles to go around. ALL monies go directly to the charity.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

FAIRVIEW TO ATHENS

Today was a great day!


Vicki wife kissed me good bye at 8:15 and took off for Florida. Vicki B cooked me a great breakfast and saw me off down the mountain and she went back to her beautiful fiber art.


nothing better than eggs and spinach for breakfast


At Eurosport Asheville they took me right in and changed the tire. I was back on the road by 10:15.  This is a new BMW, Husgvarna, and Vespa dealer.  They were prompt, freindly, and professional and I am glad I found them.




 Mars taking off Big Reds tire

 I will take both if she comes with them

Mars and the BMW mechanic finish the test rides

Summer time in the south means tent revivals and migrant workers picking corps.







The ride today was mostly cool temperatures, secondary roads, some very twisty and fun to ride. Getting around Greenville was busy but I got back on the back roads to Athens. It got hot the last couple hours but nothing serious.




I guess they don't be to pee in their drinking water





In Athens I watched my nieces  daughter compete in a cheer leading contest at the University of Georgia and then she made me drink some tequila.