The Scooter Cannonball Run is a coast to coast endurance event for scooters. It is a time/distance/regularity rally where points are awarded based on miles completed and the ability to maintain the standard pace. This year it will begin in Savannah, GA and end eight days later in San Diego, CA covering 2633 miles. There are over 50 entrants riding all types of scooters. From a 1946 Salibury to a modern 3 wheel Piaggo MP3. I have decided join the fun this year. We will leave Savannah on April 22 and head west. I will be riding to raise money for KIDS and LEMUR'S charities. Please help us by purchasing some miles for one of these charities. Don't worry, I will be covering close to 6,000 miles out to California and back to Florida, so there are plenty of miles to go around. ALL monies go directly to the charity.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

SANTA BARBARA TO MORRO BAY



View Larger Map

Last night, strolling around Santa Barbara we came across a vegan restaurant and I thought Kistin was going to cry she was so happy.  So, today we walked over for breakfast and found out it is only open weekends for breakfast.  I thought she was going to cry.  So, we postponed our departure until 11 so she could get a vegan "pastrami" sandwich. Jim and I fell off the meat wagon and got vegan sandwich's also.  
Some of their menu items:

  • "Tuna" Melt
  • "BBQ" Sandwich
  • "Pastrami" Sandwich
  • "KFC" vegan
(eat your heart out Dave)


Then we were off to wine country. The ride was great.  Warm temp's, clear blue skies.  After Kristin grabbed Jim by the collar and told him the race was over and to slow down, we had time to look at the great vistas. We pulled into Fess Parker, better known as Davie Crockett, winery.  Jim  and I bought a half bottle of wine to wash down our vegan sandwich's.  I think we were both amazed at how great they tasted as a change from all the "road" food we have had over the last 10 days.


We worked our way back over to the coast were it got windy and cool.  Jim and Kristin split off to go visit her sister.  They are two great people and I am really glad I got to spend time on the road with them.


My destination was Cambria, but by the time I got to Morro Bay it was cold, windy and happy hour so I turned in.  I went to the Estero Inn.  This is were Scoot, Bob and me finsihed the race for one from St. Pete to California in 2010.(http://lostboater.blogspot.com/)  It is a boutique hotel right on the water with just a few rooms.  Brittany, who I must say was stunningly beautiful, was working the front desk.  She and I went round and round on the price of the room, but finally she said that was as low as she could go but she would through in a bottle of wine.  I pulled out the credit card.


 My first visit to a vegan kitchen

 Deb, never mind the airstream.  A vespa and one of these and you are good to go.

 This picture was not posed.



 My vegan club and a fess parker pinot noir


 Kristin smiling from ear to ear with her "pastrami" sandwich


 Sadly, Brittany is camera shy.