The Scooter Cannonball Run is a coast to coast endurance event for scooters. It is a time/distance/regularity rally where points are awarded based on miles completed and the ability to maintain the standard pace. This year it will begin in Savannah, GA and end eight days later in San Diego, CA covering 2633 miles. There are over 50 entrants riding all types of scooters. From a 1946 Salibury to a modern 3 wheel Piaggo MP3. I have decided join the fun this year. We will leave Savannah on April 22 and head west. I will be riding to raise money for KIDS and LEMUR'S charities. Please help us by purchasing some miles for one of these charities. Don't worry, I will be covering close to 6,000 miles out to California and back to Florida, so there are plenty of miles to go around. ALL monies go directly to the charity.

Friday, April 27, 2012

ABILENE TO ROSWELL


View Larger Map
 Generated image

Yesterday when I left Lufkin at 5:30 only about 4 riders had left in front of me.  Today when I left at 5:30 over half the pack had already gone.  For me, it was a great day.  Long, straight rolling roads.
Big Red was a little confused about sunrise and he kept turning on his "check engine" light.  I would check, and yes, the engine was still there.  I would start him back up again and we would roar off and a little while later he would turn the light on again.  I pulled over on the side of the road and we had a long talk and I found nothing wrong. So we started up and took off again.  I do not know what was bothering him, but eventually he turned off the light and ran better than he has on the whole trip.


We rolled into Alienville, NM about 10:30.  It has been a quick ride and early enough that I could go get eggs for breakfast.  Something I had not had for a week.




 Shadows of loving the road





 People passed me..........

........ I passed  people



Wow, what a great ride today"
"But how can be leaving New Mexico when we just got here?

"Because he is not smart like us and missed the entering New Mexico sign"

 And people fixed broke scooters as always.